Dallas International University does not require health insurance coverage for its non-international students. Students are expected to take responsibility for their own health care during their time of study, and DIU strongly recommends quality health insurance coverage for its students and their families.
DIU does not provide or sponsor a particular insurance plan. Below are some options for US residents to find affordable coverage:
- US Affordable Care Act: healthcare.gov
- Texas Student Health Insurance: https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/texas-health-insurance/health-plans/student
- Christian Healthcare Ministries: https://www.chministries.org/
- Medishare: https://www.medishare.com/
- Search the internet for “student health insurance” or search by insurance company (Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Aetna, United Health Care, or one with which you are already familiar) to see what options you have for student health care coverage
International students who will be certified by DIU for an F or J visa during their studies here must have a health insurance policy that meets minimum standards. See International Student Health Insurance for more detailed information and links.