The International Service major focuses on understanding the skills and attitudes needed for serving others across language and culture barriers, both in the US and abroad.
Learn from faculty with sustained international experience.
Learn to analyze the customs and worldviews of various communities.
Learn models for contextualizing the faith among local communities.
Gain practical experience through a cross-cultural practicum.
Learn to acquire and appreciate a new language and culture.
Learn to read or speak a non-Indo-European language.
- Literacy and education
- International Christian service
- Non-profit organization or ministry
- International Business
- Social Services
- Human Resources
- Language Technology
- Thrive in cross-cultural or multi-cultural environments
- Become a fearless language learner
- Learn best practices for helping others cross-culturally while avoiding common pitfalls
- Build resiliency for sustained and meaningful cross-cultural work
- Develop professional and academic writing skills
- Serve and advocate for immigrants and refugees in the US or abroad
- Integrate faith with global awareness and an attitude of service
Students who want academic, cross-cultural foundations for Christian vocations, whether in the marketplace, in education, or in ministry.
Alyssa Tomalino, BA International Service, 2022
“My degree from DIU helped me gain the cultural and linguistic insight that I need to use everyday for my role in SIL International. A lot of my work requires building cross-cultural relationships, and my time at DIU taught me how to build bridges with people who have different worldviews than I do, and how to appreciate our differences.”
Complete the following form to connect with an admissions counselor about the BA in International Service. If you have any problems with the form, fill it out here instead.