The Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in International Service (BA-IS) equips students with the basic skills and attitudes needed for entry level service to others across language and culture barriers. In addition to the core requirements for the degree, students have a choice between 4 different minors depending on their area of interest: Cross-Cultural Studies, Abrahamic Studies, Linguistics, or World Arts.
Upon completion of this degree students will:
- Have the skills to implement a personal self-directed language learning program.
- Have moderate proficiency in a foreign language.
- Be able to apply independent analysis and critical thinking skills especially to the challenges of international service.
- Have a knowledge of the skills and attitudes necessary to serve across cultural boundaries.
- Be able to effectively and properly communicate ideas and concepts in both oral and written forms.
- Understand the ingredients of a ‘worldview’ and have begun developing a personal worldview integrating religious faith, intellectual curiosity, global awareness, and an attitude of service.
Interested in this program? Be sure to apply for Undergraduate Admission to Dallas International University.