April 16, 2020
Dallas International University remains open for teaching. Our faculty and staff use protected Zoom accounts set up for each class and used by each student.
DIU holds classes remotely through the end of this term (May 7, 2020) and through the May term (June 5, 2020). The summer term will operate also online.
All staff at Dallas International University are:
- Following CDC and local health authority guidelines.
- Staying in touch with the Dallas County Health Authority.
- Working closely with the ILC leadership and the ILC Medical Clinic.
We are now under SHELTER IN PLACE AT HOME by order of Judge Clay Jenkins of Dallas County. Dallas County has among the strictest policies in the state.
WEAR A CLOTH MASK EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE YOUR HOME WHILE YOU ARE ON CAMPUS.
At our physical campus, these are the guidelines we are using. Visitors are not allowed at this time.
The western-most car gate near Mahler/Pike will be closed with cones until further notice.
- On workdays, the eastern-most gate near Hunt will have a person allowing access between 8 am and 5 pm. Any driver will soon need to be listed on a master list of those allowed in for essential business. The VP Operations of DIU will keep this list for DIU staff and faculty.
- The driver of the entering vehicle will need to have a current badge AND a current ILC sticker properly displayed. (Exceptions will allow for mail and package delivery.) Outside of these hours the gate will need badge access.
- The Boutique and Warehouse are closed both for shopping and donating.
- There will be no Campus office mail delivery, but designated staff members can pick up mail if expected.
- Outdoor sports are not allowed on the grounds
“Shelter in Place” is taken by the ILC to mean the following: those whose living address is 7500 West Camp Wisdom Road, Dallas TX 75236. Those who live on campus, have access to the entire campus. This means that buildings and outdoor spaces are closed to everyone else.
“Shelter in Place at Home” also means that off-campus students or faculty or staff cannot come to the ILC. Having said that, if any off-campus staff or faculty need to come for an essential reason, such as retrieving textbooks, please contact your supervisor or the VP of Operations VP-Operations@diu.edu. Off-campus students who have such a need, please contact the Dean of Students email@example.com
DIU will continue to hold classes remotely through the end of the Spring term (May 7, 2020) and through the May term (June 5, 2020). The summer term will operate also online.
We have NO reports of anyone living on campus who has tested positive for COVID-19 virus. If you feel ill, please contact the Clinic or if closed, contact them at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff are working remotely from now on. Call or email as you need to- are all on duty during normal workdays and hours.
Operate your class virtually, from home or from your classroom. Continue your regularly scheduled classes. Any deviation from the schedule should be reported to the Dean’s office along with a plan to make up any missed instructional time.
If you have course readings in the library, please make them available through DIU Online. Contact the library if help is needed.
Students, please email faculty as needed.
The computer lab is closed. If you live on campus and you need to access the Computer Lab, contact email@example.com
The DIU Library in Pike is not open. If you need to contact the Librarian, send a notice to staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to meet as a community for Transform online, M-W-F at 10:10-11:00 each weekday while in session. Please check your email the morning of each chapel service for the Zoom link instructions.
- Monday – Community Groups
- Wednesday – Teaching time
- Friday – Worship services
You can remain in Guest Housing if you live there now, and your rent will continue as usual.
We will celebrate our graduates’ commencement this April 30th in a Zoom platform. This will be a “once in a lifetime” experience that we think you and your family will enjoy. Be looking for your e-invitations soon!
- The Dining Hall remains open for lunch, for those living on campus, but all meals are take-out.
- Until April 30, the Clinic will be open Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Please call the Clinic at 972-708-7408 and leave a message, and they will return your call on the next open day.
Our on-campus security agency, Tier One, is on duty and working on campus all through this situation. They are monitoring our campus borders and buildings for any questionable activities: https://securecampuses.com/
Coronavirus Disease 2019 – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/cleaning-disinfection.html
International Travel and Study Abroad Guidance – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/student-foreign-travel.html
Preventing Community Spread – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
Travel Information – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
Protecting Yourself and Your Family – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/protect/index.html
Texas Unemployment Benefits Services: https://www.twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/unemployment-benefits-services