- Masters in Language Development, Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics, Dallas, Texas, USA, 1999-2000
- 48 hours of a Masters of Arts Counseling Program, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 1995-1997
- Bachelor of Science, Davidson College, Davidson, North Carolina, USA, August 1990-1994
- High School Diploma, Lakeside High School, Evans, Georgia, USA, 1988- 1990
- Nürnberg American High School, Nürnberg, Germany, 1984-1988
- Introduction to Mentoring, SIL 6-week online course, Feb-March 2023.
- Consultant Skills Training (self-paced), SIL on-line course, completed Oct. 2016
- Management for Language Development Results, SIL on-line course, Oct-Nov. 2013
- French Study, University of Neuchâtel Switzerland, Neuchâtel, Switzerland, 2001
- Language Survey, Advanced Phonology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA, July-August 1998
- MOD20, SIL, Dallas, Texas, USA, January-June 1998
- Lead Mentor for Language Program Internship, SIL Anglo-Lusophone Africa Area (ALA), September 2022-present
- Adjunct Faculty at Dallas International University, January 2022-present
- Head Instructor and Course Designer SIL Elearning Course, Language Program Components for ALA Language Program Management Internship Program, March-June 2023.
- Head Instructor SIL Elearning Course, Introduction to Sociolinguistics for ALA Language Program Management Internship Program, Jan-March 2023.
- Project Implementation Assistant, SIL Cameroon, January-August 2022
- Sociolinguistic Consultant, SIL, Cameroon, 2017-present
- Adjunct Faculty for Language Program Design and Management AA 5352, Dallas International University, Dallas, Texas, USA, Spring 2022
- Associate Instructor for Language Program Design and Management AA 5352, Dallas International University, Dallas, Texas, USA, Spring 2020
- Facilitator for online courses in Language Program Management, Dallas International University (GIAL) & SIL, August 2017 to December 2019.
- Co-facilitator for online course for Introduction to Language Development, SIL, September to November 2019.
- Associate Instructor for Language Program Design and Management AA 5352, GIAL, Dallas, Texas, USA, April-June 2016
- Language Program Facilitator for the Bamenda Region, SIL, Cameroon, June 2014-May 2015.
- Linguist and assistant administrator (particularly for planning) for the Beboid Cluster, Misaje, SIL, Cameroon, 2004-2014.
- Head Instructor for Introduction to Sociolinguistics course, Cameroon Baptist Theological Institute, Ndu, Cameroon, January 2013
- Head Instructor for Introduction to Sociolinguistics course, Cameroon Baptist Theological Institute, Ndu, Cameroon, February – March 2008
- Associate Instructor for Introduction to Language and Society, GIAL, Dallas, Texas, USA, January – February 2005
- Associate Instructor for Introduction to Language and Society, GIAL, Dallas, Texas, USA, January – February 2004
- Associate Instructor for Phonology, GIAL, Dallas, Texas, USA, February – April 2004
- Associate Instructor for Phonology, GIAL, Dallas, Texas, USA, September –October 2003
- Course Director for Learning that LASTS, SIL Cameroon Branch, Yaoundé, Cameroon, 27-31 January 2003
- Linguistic Advisor for Bum and Ngie Language Teams, Bamenda, Cameroon, August 2002-February 2003
- Associate Instructor for Introduction to Language and Society, GIAL, Dallas, Texas, USA, August-September 2003
- Teaching Staff for CADRE (Learning that LASTS in French), SIL Cameroon Branch, Yaoundé, Cameroon, 3-8 November 2002
- Teaching Staff for Foundations for Writing II Workshop, SIL Cameroon Branch, Bamenda, Cameroon, December 2002
- Assistant Administrator for SIL Regional Office, Bamenda, Cameroon, May 2002-May 2003.
- “Improving Orthography Development in Translation Programs,” Bible Translation Conference 2021 (online), Oct. 15-19, 2021
- “Re-visiting Mungong’s Classification as a Dialect of Nchane (Beboid),” Colloquium on African Languages and Linguistics 2019 (CALL 2019), Leiden University, August 26-28, 2019
- “Mungong Language Revitalization Activities and Their Impact”, International Sociolinguistics Conference-2, Budapest, September 6-8, 2018.
- “Exploring Strategic Abandonment: A stimulation paper for 2013 SIL Cameroon Branch Meetings”, March 2013.
- “Cluster Forum”, SIL Cameroon Branch Academic Half-days, April 18, 2011.
- “An Assessment of the creolization of Cameroon Pidgin English”, UTA Student Linguistic Conference, University of Texas at Arlington (UTA), Arlington, Texas USA, February 24-25, 2000
- Boutwell, Katrina. Updated 2015 unpublished. Misaje Cluster Overview and Long-term RBM Plan. (Document maintained since 2009)
- Boutwell, Richard and Katrina Boutwell. 2011. Mungong Orthography Guide. Yaoundé, Cameroon: SIL. http://www.silcam.org/folder030401/page.php. Research Permit No. 074/MINRESI/B00/C00/C10/C12
- Boutwell, Katrina and Richard Boutwell. Nchane Orthography Guide.Yaoundé, Cameron: SIL. http://www.silcam.org/folder030401/page.php. Research Permit No. 063/MINRESI/B00/C00/C10/C12
- Boutwell, Katrina and Richard Boutwell. Ncane Social Structures. Yaoundé, Cameroon. SIL. Research Permit No. 035/MINRESI/B00/D00/D10/D12
- Boutwell, Katrina. “An Assessment of the Creolization of Cameroon Pidgin English,” Notes on Sociolinguistics 6:49-58. Dallas, Texas. SIL.
- Attendee of Assessing Local Ownership of Language Development, An exploratory symposium sponsored by the Pike Center for Integrative Scholarship being held online during the week of 10-14 May 2021.
- Attendee at International Language Assessment Conference (ILAC) VII, May 9-16, 2018, Penang, Malaysia
- Attendee at Bible Translation Conference, October 2015, Dallas, TX
- Board member of Parent Teacher Student Association at Martin High School, June 2022-present
- Member of the SIL Cameroon Branch Entity Committee (EC). 2011-2014. Served as Parliamentarian from 2012-2014
- Chairperson for the Field Education System (FES) Parent Committee. SIL Cameroon. 2012-2014
- Member of FES Parent Committee. 2011-2012
- President of the Student Body Association at GIAL. 1999-2000
BACK TO DIRECTORY