Each application type has different transcript requirements. Generally, applicants should provide official school records that are relevant to their intended courses or program at DIU. Official transcripts are required for any credits a student wishes to transfer to a degree program at DIU from another institution.
For Undergraduate Admission, DIU requires official copies of previous academic transcripts according to your level of academic experience. If you have completed at least 24 credits at the freshman, undergraduate-level with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.80, please submit only the transcripts showing those credits earned. If you have fewer than 24 credits completed, please submit your high school transcript showing completion of high school or a GED credential, plus transcripts showing any undergraduate-level credits earned.
For Graduate Admission, DIU requires official copies of all post-high school transcripts showing classes completed, grades attained, and degree(s) (or diploma) granted where courses were taken toward a degree or pertaining to an expected study program at DIU. A graduate degree transcript may qualify you to not be required to submit undergraduate transcripts. Please see our Graduate Admission GPA requirements for more information.
For Gateway Admission, DIU requires an official copy of at least one transcript showing classes completed, grades attained, and degree(s) (or diploma) granted which shows an appropriate level of education for the course(s) the student wishes to take as a Gateway student. Ideally, transcripts should show the highest level of schooling you have completed so far.
Gateway applicants who want to qualify for Gateway Restricted admission status, which allows students to take only undergraduate-level courses, should supply:
- transcripts showing the completion of 24 or more undergraduate credits with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00, OR
- a transcript showing graduation from high school with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 plus any undergraduate transcripts, OR
- a General Educational Development (GED) credential, plus any undergraduate transcripts.
Gateway applicants who want to qualify for full Gateway admission status, which allows students to take graduate-level courses in addition to undergraduate-level courses, should supply:
- a transcript showing a completed master’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher, OR
- a transcript showing a completed bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher, OR
- transcripts showing the completion of 72 or more undergraduate-level credits completed with a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher.
School records should be sent directly to DIU by the school or testing agency or be in an unopened, signed, and sealed envelope which you received directly from them.