STARTING STRONG IN 2021
What a year 2020 was! Through all of the changes, the uncertainty, and the adjustments, God was so faithful. We finished strong and are excited about 2021!
Here are just a few of the ways we saw His faithfulness in 2020 at DIU:
- When COVID-19 closed so many doors, we were able to remain open because God had provided the means and approval for distance learning. Our students did not miss a beat in their studies.
- Our enrollment numbers for the 2020-2021 school year have us poised to meet and possibly exceed this year’s goal for Impact 2024, and we already anticipate at least 35 brand new student enrollments for Spring 2021.
- Four new endowed scholarships were established.
And among our alumni around the world:
- When they couldn’t leave their home for several months, alums Doug and Jamie* were able to develop a literacy curriculum, train teachers, begin producing videos, and finalize the audio recording of the New Testament for the community they serve in Asia. *Pseudonym
- Sean* was able to work with local language partners to further the analysis of their language with the goal of eventually developing a writing system.
- Aaron developed a literacy app that can be adapted for marginalized languages around the world.
- Samantha* was able to edit audio scripture recordings for a people group in West Africa.
Thank you for praying, for giving, and for caring about the vision of seeing every community engaged in scripture in their own language. God is moving all around the world, and this past year, He’s proved yet again that nothing can stop Him. We can’t wait to report on what He does in 2021!
Teacher-Scholar Grant from
Calvin Institute of Christian Worship
We are delighted to announce that Beth Argot, Ph.D., has been awarded the Teacher-Scholar Grant from Calvin Institute of Christian Worship for her work in spiritual formation among Dallas International University students, faculty, and staff.
“How we know and relate to God determines so much of how we handle life,” Dr. Argot tells us. With that in mind, she started this program in 2019 with a focus on attrition among cross-cultural workers, all to prepare students spiritually for the field. This has since grown into a focus on resilience studies and attempts to help our community members address how to handle challenges encountered in ministry on the field and in life. We are grateful for her work and for the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship’s investment in our community.
Finding the Needle
in the Haystack
Sneek Peek: He thought the language was dead and long-lost, but God had a surprise up His sleeve. Stay tuned for next month’s issue where we’ll share the story of how with God’s help, the needle in the haystack was found, and Dr. Steve Parker was able to gather language data from a speaker of a Peruvian language once thought to be completely extinct.
Join DIU in 2021! You can be part of an eternal impact through supporting the education of students who will serve in Bible translation movements worldwide. Click here to learn more and set up your monthly or one-time gifts today. Thank you!
Give When You Shop! DIU has received more than $740 during the past year because our donors shopped with Amazon, Tom Thumb, and Kroger. Click here to learn how you can help!
7500 W Camp Wisdom Road, Dallas, TX 75236 / 972-708-7340 / email@example.com
|Dallas International University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
DIU is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Contributions are solicited with the understanding that Dallas International University has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds. All designated funds (except endowment gifts) are assessed 10% to cover administration and fund-raising expenses.
Dallas International University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Dallas International University.