You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70 1/2 or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can benefit this year while helping Dallas Int’l.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish to discuss your gift designation.
Certain restrictions and requirements* must be followed when making this type of gift. If you have questions about making this type of gift to Dallas Int’l, please contact The Wycliffe Foundation** at Michael_Occhipinti@wyclifffe.org or at (800) 681-5103. Before proceeding, you should also consult with your tax advisor to discuss your situation including any impact of your state’s tax laws.
*For example, the following transfers will not qualify: distributions to private foundations, to donor advised funds, for life income gifts (e.g., charitable remainder trusts), and for any purpose that entitles you to receive a benefit, such as preferred seating at athletic events or tickets to a dinner.
**The Wycliffe Foundation is a support organization for the partner organizations of Wycliffe USA: Dallas International University, Wycliffe Bible Translators, Seed Company, JAARS, and SIL.