Are you a student currently registered for classes and looking for opportunities to work for pay or volunteer at Dallas International University? The options below give you contact information to learn of currently open positions.
Not a student? Check out DIU’s Open Positions page for Faculty, Staff, and Administrative positions.
- Library: These are paid positions (up to 5 hours/week). Students typically serve the library in misc. filing, shelving tasks as well as serving at the help desk. Current opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org; (972) 708-7416
- Work Study: These are paid positions (up to 5 hours/week). You need to complete a financial aid application and indicate that you are interested in Work Study on the application. Types of jobs include the following: Working in the recruiting office; Host(ess) for 4 Points Lounge or for the Student Life Center (making coffee, putting out food, light cleaning); Chaplain’s assistant (helping with announcements, PowerPoints); various administrative tasks; Helping a prof with a research goal. Current opportunities: email@example.com.
- Volunteer: These are unpaid positions. You can help fellow students under COVID-19 quarantine by shopping or running errands for them, assist with childcare, tutoring, and more. Offer your help to office staff for special projects, and perhaps serve as a musician, tech support, or vocalist for Transform services. In addition, make yourself available for helping with special events such as Commencement, retirement parties, showers, and other celebrations. Current opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic work: These are paid positions. TA’s positions require the student to have already taken the class. For current opportunities: Talk to the professor you’re interested in doing TA work for.
- Information Technology: These are paid positions. Synchronous Learning Techs are familiar with Zoom and help facilitate technically the remote learning classes. Current opportunities: HelpDesk@diu.edu.
- SIL International employment: The International Linguistics Center campus usually is looking for students willing to help with groundskeeping, janitorial support, and Dining Hall service. Current opportunities: Kymberli Jones: email@example.com, (972) 708-7554 or Jason Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)