Steps to Access Ebooks
- From the Dallas International Libray home page, click on the A-Z Index of E-Resources.
- Scroll down to eBooks (8th in list).
- Log in through EZProxy with your last name and the last 4 digits of your library account.
- Search by author, title or topic.
- Click on the title of your selection.
Helpful Tip #1: Using the Interface
The Table of contents is displayed in the left column and provides navigation.
The Tools on the right enable you to:
- Search within the selected eBook
- Make annotations
- Look up work in dictionary
- Add to a folder
Creating a MyEbscohost Account will enable you to do the following across EbscoHost databases:
- Save preferences
- Organize your research with folders
- Share your folders with others
- View others’ folders
- Save and retrieve your search history
- Create email alerts and/or RSS feeds
- Gain access to your saved research remotely
Helpful Tip #2: Annotating Ebooks with MyEbscohost
If you have a MyEbscohost account, you will be able to make annotations and bookmark pages within Ebooks, save them to your folder and revisit them in a future session.
- Click on the Bookmark/Annotations icon in the Tools listed in the right column
- A button called New Note will appear at the top.
- Double click on this and write your note in the box.