What is LLBA?
Linguistics & Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA) abstracts and indexes the international literature in linguistics and related disciplines in the language sciences.
- Covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics.
- Covers various fields of linguistics including descriptive, historical, comparative, theoretical and geographical linguistics.
- Provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from over 1,500 serials publications, and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, and dissertations.
How do I find it?
From the Dallas International Library homepage:
- Click on A to Z Index to E-resources.
- Scroll down to LLBA and click on it.
- For searching, select Basic or Advanced.
- Enter search terms.
Helpful Tip #1: Advanced Search
For an Advanced Search, use the drop down box to select:
- Anywhere (location)
- Document Title
- Publication Title (Journal title)
- Subject heading
- Identifier (keyword)
You can sort by:
- Publication date
Search for “Mandarin” and “Grammar”
Linking Semantics and Syntax in Mandarin Verbs: A Role and Reference Grammar Account Chang, Jung-hsing. Language and Linguistics 8.1 (Jan 2007): 4316.