Below are listed the typical schedules for Dallas International Orientation programs. Please note that these are subject to change. Once admitted and registered, you will receive more-detailed information closer to the date(s) of your Orientation.
Day 1: 3:00-5:00pm, with dinner following
Day 2: 8:00am-12:00pm
See more details about the next upcoming Orientation program below.
Please be sure to bring the following information/items with you to Orientation:
- Photo ID (passport or driver’s license)
- Permanent and local address information
- Telephone number
- Emergency contact information
- Any passwords you have already been using for Dallas International business
- Any electronic devices on which you would like to have Wi-Fi access
Thursday, January 3 (Event Center)
*If you arrive and wish to get started earlier than 3 p.m., please begin on the business items listed at the bottom of this page. (Most offices and services will be available starting at 9 a.m.)
3:00 p.m. Check-In (show passport or driver’s license) and Photo
3:15 p.m. Welcome
3:30 p.m. Introductions
3:50 p.m. Dallas Int’l Essentials
4:50 p.m. Meet Your Adviser
5-6:00 p.m. Pizza and Salad Dinner—Spouses/parents are welcome to join!
*Please let us know if you have any food restrictions.
Friday, January 4 (Mahler Building)
8:00 a.m. Student Body Association (SBA) Introduction and Tour (Mahler 5/7)
9:00 a.m. Library Orientation (Pike, Library)
9:50 a.m. ILC Welcome Desk (Mahler, Center Director’s Office)
10:00 a.m. Break (Four Points Lounge)
10:30 a.m. Dallas Int’l Logistics (Mahler 5/7)
11:00 a.m. Computer Orientation (Mahler 6—Computer Lab)
*Bring any passwords you have received for Dallas Int’l business already, permanent/local addresses, and emergency contact information. Also bring any electronic devices on which you would like to have Wi-Fi access.
12:00 p.m. Lunch *The Dining Hall will be open.
2-5:00pm International Student Orientation (Pike 118)
Checklist: Please use the rest of the day to finish any remaining business.
- Confirm financial arrangements with Business Manager (Pike 112),
then make payment to Cashier (Pike 112)
- ILC registration/ILC building access name badge (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- ILC parking sticker/vehicle registration (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- Sign up for the ILC News (DCN) and ILC Messages (DCM) (Welcome Desk, Mahler)
- Confirm mail delivery location with both the Welcome Desk and the Mailroom
- Meet with adviser (by mutual appointment)
- Take electronic devices to Computing Services for Wi-Fi access (Mahler 11)