Email: discoverDallasInternational@diu.edu, email@example.com
Phone: (972) 708-7343
Office: Pike 115
Back to Admin and Staff List
As Director of Recruiting, Sheri loves being a part of the GIAL family–networking, connecting, recruiting, and helping others learn about the valuable training opportunities for worldwide service with an eternal impact. This position involves meeting people, developing recruiting resources, coordinating a fabulous recruiting team of work-study students, organizing events, and visiting various campuses and groups. Sheri appreciates the challenge and variety of the work in recruiting, which both uses the gifts God’s given her and keeps her dependent on Him. Two of her favorite verses are Nehemiah 8:10b, “The joy of the Lord is my strength,” and Galatians 6:9, “Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
Sheri has a BA in social work and joined Wycliffe with her family in 1991. She has served at the International Linguistics Center as Welcome Desk Receptionist and Hospitality Coordinator, as well as in related ministries. A tremendous highlight was attending a Bible dedication in Peru, celebrating the Northern Conchucos Quechuas receiving the Bible in their own language. Sheri transitioned to Wycliffe Associates supported staff in the fall of 2013, beginning her new role with GIAL that December. She also continues to work at the Welcome Desk on Monday mornings where she enjoys welcoming arriving students and meeting prospective students.
Other interesting facts:
- Sheri is a Navy Chaplain’s daughter, a Marine wife and daughter-in-law, and Air Force mother to her two sons.
- She once went parasailing over the Indian Ocean.
- Lake Lucerne, Switzerland, was the first place she remembers being moved to tears at the beauty of God’s creation.
- Her favorite place to go is the North Carolina mountains.
- She speaks some Spanish, and less Portuguese, but would most like to visit Brazil, as that’s where her daughter-in-law was born.